KITCHEN REMODELING NEW YORK (NYC)
MyHome's team of remodeling consultants, designers, and professional tradesman are skilled at bringing your kitchen remodeling ideas to life. Our team members are always researching the latest trends, products, and technology in the renovation industry. So, they can confidently share their ideas too. In our on-line gallery, you can see examples of kitchens we've remodeled. We'd also like to invite you to our showrooms, where you can take in the possibilities and generate ideas for your home. Or, you may want to visit one of our current or past projects to see the quality of our works.
KITCHEN REMODELING NEW YORK PHOTO GALLERY
ABOUT OUR KITCHENS:The kitchen is the heart of our home. Candlelit dinners, family brunches, birthday parties – they all begin here. A well-organized kitchen allows us to spend more time with loved ones; and a beautiful kitchen turns the cooking and baking hours into an enjoyable, warm experience.
TESTIMONIALS ABOUT THIS KITCHEN:"The workers did a terrific job. They were efficient and kept the dust and disruption to a minimum. And the quality of their workmanship was great. Altogether, it was probably the best experience I've had working with a contractor."
John SMore testimonials
KITCHEN REMODELING NEW YORK - INCREASES THE VALUE OF YOUR HOMEThe money you invest for your kitchen today may bring you a profit tomorrow. Remolding Magazine reported an average 91% return on investment for kitchens, while Realtor® Magazine reported the national average as being between 84.8% and 98.5%. However, in metro areas like New York City, the average return on investment was significantly higher - an amazing 119.5% to 135%.
BEFORE YOU START
SET YOUR BUDGET
Before you start, you'll want figure out your budget. Remodeling your kitchen is an excellent way to invest in your home, and in fact, Realtor® Magazine reports that the average kitchen renovation will see an 84.8% and 98.5% return in terms of property value, depending on the extensiveness of the renovations. For metropolitan areas like New York, the return is even better - 119.5% to 135%. The money you invest into your kitchen today may earn you a profit later.
DETERMINE YOUR STYLE
After you've determine a budget, next you'll want to create a vision for your new kitchen. Home magazines, remodeling television shows, and websites on kitchen styles and remodeling trends are all great ways to find ideas. Please drop by any one of our three showrooms, where you can gain ideas and speak with a Kitchen Remodeling New York Consultant.
MyHome's team of renovation professionals can help you every step of the way We'll handle everything - the design, ordering and delivery of materials, and installation - leaving you free to focus on creating your dream, without the worry. It all starts with a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our Remodeling Consultants. Schedule yours today by giving us a call, or simply filling out our online contact form.
Your first step is to schedule a Free Consultation with one of our Kitchen Remodeling New York Consultants.
- Kitchen renovations are complex, to say the least. When figuring out a timeline, you need to consider not only your schedule and the construction crew, but also schedules for the designers, cabinet and countertop manufactures, and the municipal building permit departments. A renovation firm that promises a deadline that sounds too good to be true or is overly optimistic may not be an honest estimate.
- Because everyone´s remodeling choices are different, we can´t give an exact time estimate here. But to give you an idea of how long a kitchen remodeling project can take, here´s a typical time line.
- Remodeling Consultant´s free consultation and proposal write up
- Showroom meeting and finalization of the project and remodeling agreement
- Selection of materials
- Ordering and delivery of materials
4-8 weeks. (For custom cabinetry, this could take 8-10 weeks, or even 16 weeks for imported cabinets.)
- Demolition and removal of old cabinetry, sinks, etc., and appliances
- Floor preparation
- Installation of plumbing
- Electrical work
- Floor installation
- Wall preparation
- Cabinet installation
2-3 days, but can be up to 5 days for complex or large kitchens.
- Countertop template
- Countertop fabrication (required for granite, solid surface, or quartz)
-- 2-3 weeks (but we install a temporary one until your final countertop arrives).
- Countertop installation
- Appliance hook-up and sinks and faucets installation
- Backsplash installation
- Final coat of paint
- Installation of accessories, lighting, and hardware
- Finishing touch-up and clean-up
- Remodeling Consultant´s free consultation and proposal write up
- This schedule doesn´t include wall removals or additions, and depending on your renovation plans, it may take less or more time than this sample. This schedule also doesn´t include unexpected problems, which inevitably arise in almost every remodeling project.
- Steps one through three could be completed in less than a week, if you´re ready to make quick decisions and are readily available. Or, they may take several months, if you want to spend more time researching your options.
- Step four, ordering and delivery of the cabinets, usually takes 4-6 weeks, but because MyHome is committed to making the remodeling process move quickly if needed, we have an exclusive contract with a cabinet manufacture that allows us to order and receive their products in as little as two days.
- MyHome´s unique workflow plan minimizes error and usually allows for a smoother renovation. While unexpected problems almost always arise, MyHome´s professionals are prepared to handle and solve tricky situations. You´ll be assigned a personal Project Manager, who´ll keep the crew on schedule, ensure quality work, and keep communication between you and the construction team active.
- Here´s a step-by-step breakdown of the general kitchen renovation process:
- Create your design.
- Select the materials.
- Order the materials.
- Materials received at warehouse.
- Begin demolition.
- Prepare sub flooring.
- Install flooring.
- Install plumbing.
- Install electric wiring.
- Prepare walls.
- Prime and paint.
- Install cabinets.
- Locate appliances (without hooking them up yet).
- Create countertop template.
- Fabricate countertop.
- Install countertop.
- Install sink and faucet.
- Install appliances.
- Install backsplash.
- Install light fixtures.
- Install accessories.
- Install door hardware.
- Apply final coat of paint.
- Complete touch-ups and clean up.
- With your busy schedule, meals are perhaps the only time when you can stop running, sit down, and breathe. You want your kitchen and dining area to enhance those moments, and not be the cause of additional stress. A carefully laid out kitchen will help you keep everything organized and accessible. And a beautiful kitchen can create a real sense of comfort and home.
- Like to entertain friends and family? You can design your kitchen to make party planning easier and more enjoyable. If you open up your kitchen by taking down a wall, your kitchen and dinning room will become more spacious, and allow you to chat with your guests while you finish dressing the salads. You´ll also be able to show off your new countertops and cabinets, or maybe a backsplash that you designed from glass and stone tiles.
- Whether you want to create a traditionally styled kitchen, or you love the European modern look, MyHome´s remodeling specialists will help turn your dreams into a reality.
You shouldn't have to pay to have someone review your kitchen! Please fill out the form below and one of our Kitchen Remodeling New York Consultants will contact you to discuss the estimate within 24 hours.
KITCHEN REMODELING NEW YORK - PROJECT INFORMATION
Kitchen Remodeling New York (NYC) - Related Information